Conditions for Accommodation Contract Execution
1. The Castle provides services corresponding to its category.
2. The guest’s specific accommodation is established through a binding reservation and the guest is charged the corresponding price based on the type of accommodation.
3. The Castle is obliged to accommodate only those guests who hold a valid reservation and are duly registered. Guests are required to present valid personal identification upon arrival, sign the registration card, and provide a guarantee either in cash or by credit card pre-authorization in the required amount.
4. If a guest does not provide valid personal identification (citizen ID card, passport), the Castle is entitled to refuse accommodation based on the law on local fees for Czech citizens and on Act No. 314/2015 Coll. for foreign clients.
5. The Castle is obliged to hold a confirmed reservation from 2 p.m. to midnight. During this period, the room is reserved for the guest, if not specified otherwise in the booking. Early check-in (before 2 p.m.) must be requested in advance (when the booking is made), but is not guaranteed until the Castle confirms it, and the Castle may charge extra for this service.
6. The Castle is not required to accommodate guests without prior confirmed reservations and guests arriving after midnight.
7. If it is not possible to extend a guest’s stay in the room that he/she was given at check-in, the Castle is entitled to offer them a different room.
Responsibility of the Accommodation Provider for the Guest’s Belongings
8. The Castle is only liable for damage for items stored only if the items were personally taken to be stored by a Castle employee. The Castle is not liable for a guest’s improperly stored or forgotten items. The Castle is liable for damage or loss of jewelry, money, and other valuables only if they were stored in the Castle safe, placed in storage by the Castle, or if the damage or loss was caused by a Castle employee. Please kindly note that the Castle cannot accept liability for money, valuables or articles left in your room.
9. The right to compensation must be exercised with the Castle manager without delay, no later than 15 days after the loss or damage was discovered by the guest.
General Accommodation Rules
10. Guests may receive visitors in the public areas of the Castle. Visitors are permitted in the accommodation areas of the Castle only from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. with the permission of the Castle Manager. Outside of these hours, only registered guests may be present in these areas.
11. The Manager on duty will arrange medical assistance in case of illness or injury of a guest. Any charge associated with such assistance will be the responsibility of the guest, with the exception of situations in which the Castle is responsible for the guest’s illness or injury.
12. Smoking is prohibited throughout the Castle. In the event of non-compliance, the guest will be charge a penalty of CZK 5,000. Guests are not permitted to move any furniture or equipment, nor to interfere with or alter the electrical system or equipment located in the Castle rooms or in public areas. For safety reasons, guests may use only electrical appliances designed for personal hygiene (hair dryers, shavers, massagers, etc.) as well as notebook computers, tablets, and similar small electrical devices.
13. Guests may use the wireless internet connection free of charge in all areas of the Castle and the Park buildings.
14. Dogs and other pets may stay in their owner’s room provided the owner shows proof that the animal is in good health and that the owner agrees with and abides by the rules regarding pets, which they will receive in written form. Accommodation for an animal will be charged according to the current rate list.
15. Guests must observe quiet hours from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.
16. If a guest under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not provide assurance that they will abide by the Castle policies, they may be barred entry to the Castle. A repeat of the situation will result in the termination of the guest’s accommodation.
17. If it is not possible to extend a guest’s stay in the room that he/she was given at check-in, the Castle is entitled to offer them a different room. This accommodation, however, may not differ materially from that originally confirmed.
18. No food or beverages purchased outside the Castle may be consumed on the hotel premises unless the room has a kitchen facility.
19. Guests who wish to use the fireplaces in the Castle and Park buildings shall do so at their own risk and responsibility, and are required to abide by the Fireplace Operating Rules. The Castle Manager is not responsible for injuries or damage to property caused by the guest to himself, to the Manager, or to any third party. Fires may be lit only in the designated places and during designated times - from 7 to 11 p.m.
20. If a guest plans to arrive by helicopter or other non-standard means of transportation, they shall inform the Castle Manager no later than 14 days prior to arrival. The purpose of this requirement is to arrange for all the necessary formalities, including securing a landing site, etc. In the case of air transport, it is not possible for guests to land on the Castle premises. Guests are responsible for any damage caused by arrival, departure, landing, or take-off. In case of air transport, the Castle is prepared, upon prior agreement, to provide the guest with transfer to and from the hotel from the landing site.
21. Information regarding rates for Castle services is available at the reception.
22. The Castle management welcomes and appreciates any and all suggestions for improving the Castle and its services, as well as constructive criticism.
23. Guests are required to familiarize themselves with these Castle policies and to abide by these provisions. In the event that a guest breaks any of these rules, the Castle has the right to terminate the guest’s stay prior to the originally agreed-upon day of departure.
24. Should a guest have any special wishes or substantiated complaint during their stay, they may contact the appropriate Castle staff member, who will make every effort to accommodate the guest’s wishes.
Safety and the Guest’s Responsibility for Damage
25. It is forbidden to carry or store weapons in any area of the Castle.
26. For safety reasons, children younger than 10 years may not be left unsupervised in Castle rooms or other premises or in the Castle park. Reimbursement for any damage caused by a child/ren is the responsibility of the child/ren’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s).
27. For safety reasons, guests with limited mobility and guests who cannot move independently may not be accommodated on the upper floor rooms.
28. There is no lifeguard at the swimming pool and lake - guests shall be solely responsible for their own safety and that of anyone whose care has been entrusted to them. By using the swimming facilities, guests confirm that they are in good health (including any people entrusted to their care) and that they are personally responsible for ensuring that they use the swimming facilities solely for swimming and other water activities. Hotel guests are also responsible for any injury or damage to themselves caused by their use of the swimming facilities located on the Castle premises, for any infringement of the basic rules for using the swimming facilities, or for any injury or damage caused to a third party due to their improper use of the swimming facilities.
29. Guests will be held responsible for any damage to Castle property.
30. Guests will pay compensation for any damage caused by them unless they prove they were not at fault. This includes compensation for any damage discovered after the guest’s departure.
31. Guests may use their room for the agreed-upon accommodation period. Unless agreed upon and approved by the Castle in advance, guests must check out no later than 11 a.m. on the last day of their stay and are required to vacate the room by that time. If they fail to do so, the Castle is authorized to bill the guest for an additional day, or a portion thereof.
32. When leaving the room, guests should ensure that the faucets and lights are turned off, and close the door. Room keys must be returned to the reception upon checkout.
33. Guests shall pay for their accommodation and any additional services at the end of their stay according to the current rate list. In case of longer stays, guests must settle their accounts at least once a week. Prior to departure, guests are required to officially check out from the Castle and settle their account.
34. If a guest should lose their room key, they must report this to the reception as soon as possible. If they fail to do so, the Castle shall assume no responsibility for any damage related to the key’s loss. Guests shall be charged a fee of CZK 1,000 for a lost key. Guests are obliged to pay this fee prior to departing the Castle.